Guided Tour on new Income Tax Return Forms
Income Tax Department has introduced new forms for filing Income Tax Return for all types of assessee’s.
What are the new forms and how to select the form?
To know more about New Income Tax Forms visit ITR Forms Page.
To know about selecting a form for assessee, visit Form Selection Page.
How are these forms different from Saral 2D etc?
- There are specific forms for Individuals and HUF having specific Income
- No annexures should be enclosed to these forms (except ITR 7 – For AOP and BOI)
- Not even Form 16 and Form 16A to be enclosed with the Return
- All the information relating to Employer, i.e. Name, Address, TAN No, salary details as per Form 16 and TDS information form 16 should be entered in the relevant place.
- In cases where Profit and Loss and Balance Information is required to be given, the same should be entered in the relevant places of the Form.
How to fill the form? Is software required for all cases?
Manual [Paper filing]
In case of Individuals and HUF.
In case of Firms, not required to get the Accounts audited under section 44AB
In both the above cases, the full return to be filed with Income Tax Department
In the above cases, one can still file the return electronically.
In case of Firms, required to get their Accounts audited under section 44AB, the return has to be electronically submitted.
Companies have to file electronically without any exception.
What are the advantages of filing electronically?
When the return is filed electronically:
- The return will look elegant and neat
- No need to file the Full return with the ITD. Only the Verification sheet has to be filed.
- Time spent at the time of filing in the ITD would be lesser as only the verification sheet has to be filed and the queues may be shorter.
- Return filing can be done at your time and your office or home at your convenience.
- The return can be mailed to the customer
Where to get the free software?
You can download the software now. Visit ITR Software Download Page.