|Procedure for e-Payment of Direct Tax in india
Click Here to Save this as PDF
- Valid TAN and PAN
- Internet Banking Account
- Good internet connection
- In case TDS the amount of payment should be spilt based on:
- Type of Deductee ( i.e deduction from Companies and from Non-Companies)
- Nature of Payment (i.e. For each section like 94C, 94J etc for Companies and from Non-Companies separately)
- Sufficient balance in the bank to cover the amount of payment for immediate transfer
Please avoid using browsing centres for making e-payments as there are chances of fraud.
|List of banks, available for e-payment of Taxes:
| Following is the list of bank, currently providing this facility. Tax Payer should have Net-Banking account with any of these banks.
||State Bank of Travancore
||Bank of Maharashtra
|State Bank of India
||State Bank of Indore
||State Bank of Hyderabad
|Punjab National Bank
||State Bank of Saurashtra
|Indian Overseas Bank
||Union Bank of India
||Oriental Bank of Commerce
||State Bank of Patiala
|Bank of India
||Bank of Baroda
|| ICICI Bank
|State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
||State Bank of Mysore
Step by Step Procedure for e-payment:
- Visit www.tin-nsdl.com
- Click on the link for "e-payment: Pay Taxes Online"
- Select the relevant challan i.e. ITNS 280, ITNS 281, ITNS 282 or ITNS 283, as applicable.
- Enter its PAN/TAN as applicable. There will be an online check on the validity of the PAN / TAN entered.
- If PAN/ TAN is valid the taxpayer will be allowed to fill up other challan details.
- Tax Collected from Companies or Non Companies
- Assessment Year – Choose proper assessment year. Example, while making payment towards TDS /TCS of Financial year 2007-08, select assessment year 2008-09.
- Valid TAN
- Address where city, state and pin code is compulsory
- Type of Payment i.e. in case of TDS 200 (TDS/TCS payable by Tax payer)
- Nature of Payment – Section
- Select your Bank Name
- Pl note, the amount of payment is not to be entered here, but it should be entered in the Bank website.
- Click on Proceed to submit data entered. Now, a confirmation screen will be displayed. If the taxpayer confirms the data entered in the challan, it will be re-directed to the net-banking site of your bank. If data needs editing, the user can do the same by clicking ‘Edit’.
- In the Net banking site, the taxpayer should login to the net-banking site with the user id/ password provided by the bank for net-banking purpose and enter relevant payment details like basic tax, surcharge, cess, interest, penalty etc., Select the relevant bank account in case you have multiple accounts with internet facility for the same login.
- On successful payment, a Challan counterfoil will be displayed containing CIN, payment details and bank name through which e-payment has been made. This counterfoil is proof of payment being made.
- Please note that for each Challan, a separate payment has to be made.
- On paying against all Challan and obtaining the CIN details, log out of the bank web site
- While it is mentioned that payment can be made either through credit card or debit card, the same is yet to be made available to the taxpayers.