In this post, we will learn about Assessee Master creation in Saral Income Tax for income tax return filing process.
The assessee is a person / unit / entity for whom the annual Income Tax return has to be filed.
In order to do this in Saral Income Tax, firstly, the Assessee master has to be created. As soon as the file is created, you will be prompted with the Assessee master screen where the required details have to be entered.
Note: Here, all grey coloured fields are mandatory to be entered. Certain field names will be shown in blue colour with asterisk mark, which is mandatory for the particular ITR form selected. White coloured fields are optional.
Now, we will start with the entry of details on the screen.
First part is the Assessee Basic Information
This session includes assessee information as below;
- ID & File No.: Auto-taken by the software wherein the file no. can be changed if required
- Name: Assessee Name
- PAN: Assessee PAN used for IT Return filing
- Status: Assessee Status under which IT return filing is being done like individual, company etc.
- First Name, Middle Name & Last Name: Assessee Full name as registered with PAN
- Father Name: Assessee father name as registered with PAN
- Will be auto fetched from ITD database on PAN Verification
- DOB: Assessee Date of birth as registered with PAN
- Aadhar No.: Assessee Aadhar number linked with the PAN
- Passport No.: Optional entry for Assessee to enter the detail
- Residential status: Select the Assessee residential status form the dropdown menu as applicable
- ITR Form: Select the Assessee ITR form the dropdown menu as applicable
- Due date: Select the applicable due date for return filing from the dropdown menu
- Capacity: Select the filing capacity of the Assessee, i.e., whether the filing is done by self or by a representative
Points to note in the section
- PAN entered has to be verified before doing IT returns filing. To verify the PAN, click on Verify PAN button next to PAN field. The details will be verified against the ITD database.
If the information is found valid, the PAN will be shown in green colour and the checkbox will be auto ticked. Else it will be shown in red colour with an unchecked tick box.
- Assessee can enter their Aadhar number by going to the “…” button next to the field. If the assessee does not have Aadhar number but has applied for the same, then the Enrolment Id can be entered here.
The second part of the screen is Assessee Contact Information
In this section, the Assessee contact information like address, mobile number Email id etc. has to be entered.
Points to note in the section:
- Email for ITR: the email id to be mentioned here should be the id which is registered with the ITD website login and to which the ITRV will be received.
The third part of the screen is Assessee ITR Filing Information
In this section, the assessee other information required during ITR filing has to be entered
The details to be entered here are;
- Filing date: Date on which the ITR is being filed. You can set it to system date by enabling the checkbox or else the required date can be selected from the calendar
- E Password: The password for ITD website login. The details will be displayed in hidden mode. To view, click on the Show button
- Filing Type: The type of filing has to be selected here i.e., Original or Revised or Rectification or in response to notice
- Ack. No. & Date: This will be enabled when the filing type is selected other than Original. Here, the Original return acknowledgment with date has to be entered
- Return u/s: Here select the section under which the return is being filed
- Work Status: This will be updated automatically based on details and stage of ITR filing
- AO Code: The Assessing Officer code has to be selected by going to the “…” button
- Bank details for the refund: All the bank accounts (SB accounts) details maintained by the assessee have to be entered here. The details can be entered by going to the “…” button
Points to note in the section:
- Copy ITRV Password: The password required to open ITRV i.e. PAN & DOB in lowercase, will be copied which can be directly pasted during opening ITRV
- Return u/s: If the section selected is in the response of any notice, the notice details can be entered by going to the “…” button
- Work Status: This is auto updated depending on the stages of ITR details entry and ITR filing. The different status are;
- Pending: On assessee creation and details entry
- In Process: The details entry is completed but the return is not finalized
- Return Finalized: XML is generated, the return is finalized but not filed
- CPC eReceipt pending: CPC processing receipt status awaited
- Return Filed: Return process completed
In the case of In Process status, the sub-status of the process can be entered by going to the “…” button. The same can be selected in the given field.
- Bank Details for refund: If the refund is available, then tick the checkbox against the particular account details. NRI account details have been shown separately.
- ITD Profile: In this window, on click on the Download button, the required details will be downloaded from the ITD database. You selected the required details and click on Export to get these details to the Assessee master screen.
This completes the process of Assessee creation in Saral Income Tax.